There are currently two proposed developments to extend Sawston along Babraham Road, that would fall in the Babraham parish boundary. The architects for one of these, KWA, are holding an open day on Wednesday 27th June 2018, 5pm-8pm at Spicers Pavilion in Sawston. During the exhibition they will also be running some workshops to discuss key topics (Appearance/Design, Access/Transport and Landscaping/Open Space) in more detail. If you are interested in these and wish to pre-book a place, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 26th June.
The Parish Council held our Annual Parish Meeting on Thursday, May 17th at 7:30pm in the Babraham Primary School hall. We would like to thank everyone who contributed and everyone who attended. The agenda is below, and the various reports are linked through where available.
- Apologies for Absence
- Report from the Chairman of the Parish Council
Presentation Regarding the Proposed Development in Babraham at the Border with Sawston
- Financial Report
- Update on the Neighbourhood Plan
- Report from Babraham Research Campus
- Report from Babraham Primary School
- Report from the Bush and Bennett Charity
- Report from St Peter’s Church
- Report from Babraham Farms
- Report from the Police
- Report from County Councillors Hickford and Cuffley
- Report from Outgoing District Councillor Tony Orgee
- Report from Incoming District Councillor Peter McDonald
- Any Other Business / Open Forum
- Report from the Village Hall Committee and AGM
It’s been another busy month, so I’ll try and give you a flavour of what I’ve been up to! On the 10th April, I was honoured to join the Prime Minister when she visited Addenbrooke’s Hospital. Theresa May spoke to … Continue reading
Please be aware of upcoming traffic disruption in the area
13th May 9:30-12:30 – Sawston Fun Run – various road closures in the area
26th and 27th May – Duxford Air Festival – local roads will be very busy, in particular the A505
Babraham are now moving forward with the Neighbourhood Plan and this is the area we will be looking at – the Parish Boundary. If you would like more information or would like to be part of developing the plan, contact Parish Councillor Rob Attwood at email@example.com.