If you want our help to collect shopping or prescriptions or other important items, please contact the Clerk, Don Powell on: firstname.lastname@example.org or 07786858220
All our Councillors and several residents have volunteered to help. The Clerk will get in touch with the name of the supporter who will call and, for security, will provide a unique number that only you and the supporter will know.
The supporter will work to current guidelines on contact and travel.
Specfic updates on Cornavirus and the Parish Council response can be found on Coronavirus page
The Parish Council met on Thursday 12th March, 7:30pm in the back room at the George Inn. The agenda and minutes are linked below.
Agenda | Minutes
Where: South Cambs District Council, South Cambs Hall, Cambourne Business Park, Cambourne, CB23 6EA
When: Saturday 7th March
09.30am- 12.30pm – Community Safety Event
Do you want to explore ways in which community-led action can reduce vulnerability to crime and anti-social behaviour in your community?
Come along and hear from others, sharing what works for them. Develop ideas and find out about available support.
1.30pm-4.30pm – Zero Carbon Communities Workshop
Interested in finding out how your community can tackle climate change?
- Cambridge Carbon Footprint / Cambridge Sustainable Food / Cambridge Council for Voluntary Service
Learning from other Parish Councils:
- Calculating your carbon footprint / Aiming for carbon neutrality through tree planting
- Setting up an electric bike scheme / Grant funding up to £15k
According to the Met Office, Thursday and Friday will see spells of heavy rain, strong winds and further snow for parts of the UK with several severe weather warnings in force, before Storm Dennis brings further very wet and windy weather this weekend.
Here is some advice on helping to ensure your bins remain upright and do not get blown onto paths or roads during heavy winds.
- Try and keep the time your wheelie bins are left out to a minimum. Put them out as late as you can on your collection day. Bins need to be put out by 6am on your collection day
- Where possible, place bins next to hedges or walls to maximise shelter from strong winds
- Place bins in ‘banks’ next to your neighbour’s bins as this can help prevent them from tipping over
- Where possible, try to place bins so they are easily visible and accessible for our crews, but not right next to the road
- Please be a vigilant, friendly neighbour and keep an eye out for any bins that have been tipped over by strong winds or are isolated
- After your bin has been emptied, please retrieve it and store it securely (such as in a garage, shed or garden) as soon as possible
The Parish Council met on Thursday 13th February, 7:30pm in the back room at the George Inn. The agenda and minutes are linked below.
Agenda | Minutes
Cambridgeshire Road Safety Survey: https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/33PW2/
The Cambridgeshire Road Safety Partnership are undertaking a review of local Road Safety governance, strategy and delivery.
They are issuing a survey to gain insight into the concerns, needs and desires of you – the people of the county. It takes about 5-7 minutes to complete.
Their survey is open for a relatively short period of time and they would like as many people as possible to complete it.
Don’t forget, you can:
- Complete the survey yourself
- Promote the survey as widely and as often as possible via your social media channels
- Promote the survey widely within your own organisation
- Share the survey with your end users as much as possible
- Forward this email on to anyone who can spread the survey even further
Here’s the link to the survey, which closes on 6th February: https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/33PW2/
The Parish Council met on Thursday 9th January, 7:30pm at the school. The agenda and minutes are linked below
Agenda | Minutes
The Parish Council held an extraordinary meeting on 19 December 2019 at 19:30 in Babraham School Hall to discuss a proposed agreement between Sawston and Babraham on our shared boundary and financial contributions to the Parishes.
View The Minutes