The parish council will meet on Thursday 12th September, 7:30pm at the school. Residents are welcome and are encouraged to attend. The agenda is linked below.
The latest edition of the Babraham Newsletter has been published and should be coming through your door shortly! In the meantime, you can read it here. If you’d like to contribute to the next edition, please contact us at email@example.com.
Babraham Parish Council has prepared its Annual Governance and Accountability Report (AGAR). The documents can be found here. The aim is to ensure the Council is run with appropriate governance and accountability and to enact ‘Public Rights’ that enable members … Continue reading
There is a talk at the NIHR BioResource Centre Cambridge at the Babraham Research Campus on Wednesday the 19th of June at 10am. The talk will describe how the BioResource is being used to support research into a range of diseases, as well as highlighting the need for local volunteers to participate in such studies, which might be a topic that could be of interest to many in Babraham. The presentations will be supported with refreshments along with an opportunity to talk with the BioResource team, and anyone interested in getting involved will have the option to donate a blood or saliva sample, avoiding the need to travel to Addenbrookes.
The Annual Parish Meeting was held on Thursday 9th May at Babraham CofE school. The Parish Council are very grateful to everyone who contributed and attended.
The final agenda is below with links to the various reports (more to be added later) and additional notes where questions were asked concerning things not covered in the reports.
- Apologies for Absence
- Report from the Chairman of the Parish Council
- Financial Report
- – A question was asked about the areas included in mowing. Cllr Laurie confirmed the grass between Oak Lane and the A1307 was not the PC’s responsibility.
- – A question was asked about the money set aside for playground costs. Cllr Laurie said he would contact the farm to see if land might be made available.
- Babraham Primary School
- Report from Cambridgeshire County Councillor Kevin Cuffley
- Report from South Cambridgeshire District Councillor Peter McDonald
- Update on the Neighbourhood Plan
- Report from the Village Hall Committee
- Report from St Peter’s Church
- Report from the Bush and Bennett Charity
- Report from Babraham Research Campus
- Any Other Business / Open Forum
Great Anglia trains have reached agreement with the Department for Transport (DfT) to introduce Delay Repay 15 (DR15) compensation on Greater Anglia from Monday 1 April 2019. From that point onwards, customers will be able to claim compensation for any … Continue reading