Specfic updates on Cornavirus and the Parish Council response can be found on Coronavirus page
Where: South Cambs District Council, South Cambs Hall, Cambourne Business Park, Cambourne, CB23 6EA
When: Saturday 7th March
09.30am- 12.30pm – Community Safety Event
Do you want to explore ways in which community-led action can reduce vulnerability to crime and anti-social behaviour in your community?
Come along and hear from others, sharing what works for them. Develop ideas and find out about available support.
1.30pm-4.30pm – Zero Carbon Communities Workshop
Interested in finding out how your community can tackle climate change?
- Cambridge Carbon Footprint / Cambridge Sustainable Food / Cambridge Council for Voluntary Service
Learning from other Parish Councils:
- Calculating your carbon footprint / Aiming for carbon neutrality through tree planting
- Setting up an electric bike scheme / Grant funding up to £15k
According to the Met Office, Thursday and Friday will see spells of heavy rain, strong winds and further snow for parts of the UK with several severe weather warnings in force, before Storm Dennis brings further very wet and windy weather this weekend.
Here is some advice on helping to ensure your bins remain upright and do not get blown onto paths or roads during heavy winds.
- Try and keep the time your wheelie bins are left out to a minimum. Put them out as late as you can on your collection day. Bins need to be put out by 6am on your collection day
- Where possible, place bins next to hedges or walls to maximise shelter from strong winds
- Place bins in ‘banks’ next to your neighbour’s bins as this can help prevent them from tipping over
- Where possible, try to place bins so they are easily visible and accessible for our crews, but not right next to the road
- Please be a vigilant, friendly neighbour and keep an eye out for any bins that have been tipped over by strong winds or are isolated
- After your bin has been emptied, please retrieve it and store it securely (such as in a garage, shed or garden) as soon as possible
The Primary School are currently recruiting for a Midday Assistant for 1 hour per day during term time to start the first week of March 2020. It is a great opportunity to assist their children at lunch time – whether it’s helping to serve food or assisting them at playtime. If you know of anyone who may be interested please let them know. Contact details are in the description below.