The church in Babraham has been called St Peter’s since the 12th century. However, rubble used in the building of the chancel gives evidence of an earlier, possible Saxon, church on the site. The beautiful east window above the altar, depicting the life of St Peter, was designed by John Piper in 1966. The church is named in Simon Jenkin’s book 1000 Best Churches.
A small group of faithful people keep the church going and they would welcome anyone who would like to help, especially with flower arranging or occasional cleaning.
If you would like to visit the church when there isn’t a service the key can be obtained from either the Vicar, Alan Partridge on 01223 832 248 or the Church Warden, Mary Hunt on 01223 835 487.
St Peter’s is becoming a popular venue for weddings and concerts because of its beautiful rural setting. All enquiries should be directed to the Vicar or the Church Warden.
Priest in Charge – Reverend Alan Partridge.
The Vicarage, Church Lane, Sawston.
Telephone: 01223 832 248
Church Warden – Mary Hunt.
The Old School House, Almhouses, High Street, Babraham.
Telephone: 01223 835 487
for details on church services and study groups go to
St Peter’s web site
the church also has a Facebook page