Where: South Cambs District Council, South Cambs Hall, Cambourne Business Park, Cambourne, CB23 6EA
When: Saturday 7th March
09.30am- 12.30pm – Community Safety Event
Do you want to explore ways in which community-led action can reduce vulnerability to crime and anti-social behaviour in your community?
Come along and hear from others, sharing what works for them. Develop ideas and find out about available support.
1.30pm-4.30pm – Zero Carbon Communities Workshop
Interested in finding out how your community can tackle climate change?
- Cambridge Carbon Footprint / Cambridge Sustainable Food / Cambridge Council for Voluntary Service
Learning from other Parish Councils:
- Calculating your carbon footprint / Aiming for carbon neutrality through tree planting
- Setting up an electric bike scheme / Grant funding up to £15k
According to the Met Office, Thursday and Friday will see spells of heavy rain, strong winds and further snow for parts of the UK with several severe weather warnings in force, before Storm Dennis brings further very wet and windy weather this weekend.
Here is some advice on helping to ensure your bins remain upright and do not get blown onto paths or roads during heavy winds.
- Try and keep the time your wheelie bins are left out to a minimum. Put them out as late as you can on your collection day. Bins need to be put out by 6am on your collection day
- Where possible, place bins next to hedges or walls to maximise shelter from strong winds
- Place bins in ‘banks’ next to your neighbour’s bins as this can help prevent them from tipping over
- Where possible, try to place bins so they are easily visible and accessible for our crews, but not right next to the road
- Please be a vigilant, friendly neighbour and keep an eye out for any bins that have been tipped over by strong winds or are isolated
- After your bin has been emptied, please retrieve it and store it securely (such as in a garage, shed or garden) as soon as possible
Great Anglia trains have reached agreement with the Department for Transport (DfT) to introduce Delay Repay 15 (DR15) compensation on Greater Anglia from Monday 1 April 2019. From that point onwards, customers will be able to claim compensation for any … Continue reading
High Street between Sawston Road and the A505 junction, known as the Wych, will be closed from 29th January for approximately 7 days. Diversions will be in place, access will be maintained so far as practicable for normal vehicular use to/from residencies along the road, and access will always be maintained for emergency services. On the weekend of 2-3 February, works will be undertaken which will effectively block the junction onto the A505 at Brentditch End.
The work is being performed by the John Henry Group on behalf of the University of Cambridge Granta Backbone Network.
This year’s Sawston fun run will take place on Sunday 13th May between 9am and 12pm. For more information, please visit their website at http://www.sawstonfunrun.co.uk/. Please note that there will be road closures due to the event – in particular Babraham Road will be closed in Sawston meaning that villages will not be able to use this route. More information and a map is available on the website.
Non-emergency situations can now be reported to the police online if people would rather do so than call 101. In October last year Cambridgeshire Constabulary re-launched their website with added functionality to report non-emergencies via specially designed forms or a … Continue reading
Orchards East is an exciting new environmental and cultural project covering six counties in the East of England – Bedfordshire Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk. Funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund, the Landscape Group in the School of History … Continue reading
South Cambridgeshire District Council is changing the way used paper is collected from residents for recycling. From 11 December, residents won’t need to use their caddies to recycle paper anymore. From that date, residents should place their used paper directly … Continue reading
UK Power Networks will be carrying out essential construction works in the local area, which involves installation of an underground 11kV cable from Sawston Primary substation, through the villages of Sawston and Babraham, to a connection point located adjacent to … Continue reading
Please be aware there will be various level crossings closed locally between 01.00hrs on Saturday 16th September and 05.00hrs Monday 18 September 2017 for track renewals. This will occur at level crossings in Duxford, Hinxton and Ickleton Road near Great Chesterford. View a map of the closures and diversions.