Specfic updates on Cornavirus and the Parish Council response can be found on Coronavirus page
Cambridgeshire Road Safety Survey: https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/33PW2/
The Cambridgeshire Road Safety Partnership are undertaking a review of local Road Safety governance, strategy and delivery.
They are issuing a survey to gain insight into the concerns, needs and desires of you – the people of the county. It takes about 5-7 minutes to complete.
Their survey is open for a relatively short period of time and they would like as many people as possible to complete it.
Don’t forget, you can:
- Complete the survey yourself
- Promote the survey as widely and as often as possible via your social media channels
- Promote the survey widely within your own organisation
- Share the survey with your end users as much as possible
- Forward this email on to anyone who can spread the survey even further
Here’s the link to the survey, which closes on 6th February: https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/33PW2/
For Remembrance Day this year please be aware of the following events:
Sunday 10/11/19 – Sawston Youth Gruop Marghing Band will be marching from the school car park at 11:45 to the cenoptaph, where Reverend Alan Partridge will do a short service with the Last Post.
Monday 10/11/19 – The Babraham Research will be sounding it’s sirens to mark the begininning and end of the 2 minute silence at 11:00am
The parish council met on Thursday 10th October, 7:30pm at the school. The agenda and minutes are linked below.
Agenda | Minutes
The Parish Council met on Tuesday 9th July at 7:30pm at the primary school. The agenda and miutes are linked below.
Agenda | Minutes
The Annual Parish Meeting was held on Thursday 9th May at Babraham CofE school. The Parish Council are very grateful to everyone who contributed and attended.
The final agenda is below with links to the various reports (more to be added later) and additional notes where questions were asked concerning things not covered in the reports.
- Apologies for Absence
- Report from the Chairman of the Parish Council
- Financial Report
- – A question was asked about the areas included in mowing. Cllr Laurie confirmed the grass between Oak Lane and the A1307 was not the PC’s responsibility.
- – A question was asked about the money set aside for playground costs. Cllr Laurie said he would contact the farm to see if land might be made available.
- Babraham Primary School
- Report from Cambridgeshire County Councillor Kevin Cuffley
- Report from South Cambridgeshire District Councillor Peter McDonald
- Update on the Neighbourhood Plan
- Report from the Village Hall Committee
- Report from St Peter’s Church
- Report from the Bush and Bennett Charity
- Report from Babraham Research Campus
- Any Other Business / Open Forum
The Parish Council met on 9th May at 6:30pm at the primary school. The agenda and minutes are linked below.
Agenda | Minutes
If you have an additional green bin you will need, from April 1st, to pay for a permit for collection. This will be £20 from 1st April to 30th September, and then £35 per annum from then on. For more information, and to pay, please visit the council website.
Communities urged to have their say on Cambridge-Oxford rail link Councillors are urging communities to have their say on proposed routes a new railway line between Cambridge and Oxford may take across South Cambridgeshire. Leading Councillors have said the new … Continue reading