Babraham Parish Council has prepared its Annual Governance and Accountability Report (AGAR).
The documents can be found here.
The aim is to ensure the Council is run with appropriate governance and accountability and to enact ‘Public Rights’ that enable members of the public to inspect documents relating to Council activities, as stated in the ‘NOTICE OF PUBLIC RIGHTS AND PUBLICATION OF ANNUAL GOVERNANCE & ACCOUNTABILITY RETURN (EXEMPT AUTHORITY).
Like all ‘smaller authorities’ Babraham Parish Council is required by law:
- to prepare Accounting Statements for the year ended 31 March 2019 in the form required by proper practices using the relevant AGAR;
- to approve and publish the AGAR including the Accounting Statements;
- to provide for the exercise of public rights; and
- to publish the AGAR by 30 September 2019.
Babraham Parish Council seeks an exemption from external review for the year 2018-19 because the Parish Council believes it satisfies the requirements for exemption from external audit by the appointed auditors PKF Littlejohn LLP:
- Total gross income and total gross expenditure below £25k;
- And no public interest report/statutory recommendation/advisory notice/judicial review/application to court re unlawful item of account issued by its external auditor in the prior year;
- And the relevant financial year is not one of the first three years of the authority’s existence, hence if claiming exemption for 2018/19 that means the authority has been in existence since before 1April 2015.
Please send any comments or requests to view Council documentation to Don Powell, Babraham Parish Clerk, at email@example.com.