We are compiling a list of Highways issues that we will share with County Councillor Kevin Cuffley and then use for a site visit by Highways Officers.
If you have suggestions for works that should be undertaken, please forward them to the Clerk, Don Powell: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not know which might be funded, but we do want to ensure we provide a comprehensive list.
Among those we have identified are:
- Requires relining and relettering of road markings
- Ensure double-yellow lines outside school opposite the Old Vicarage except for blue-badge holders
- Poor condition of the pathway on the south side of the High Street between Farm entrance and The George
- Poor condition of pathway at The George
- Potholes in lay-by outside Old Post Office
- Explore better safety measures for bridge: because it is so narrow, might be reduced to single guided lane with road markings, or priority for a single direction, or other solution
- Potentially dangerous pedestrian bridge crossing: might be addressed by improved lining/priority actions above
- The crossing from the southbound bus stop is poor: crossing the road itself is very dangerous due to the speed and volume of traffic, the path on the central reservation is unlit, and it leads to a narrow, dark and uneven path without drop kerbs on the south side of the High Street: requires measures to improve safety and accessibility
- The Parish Council demands commitment from Highways to a scheduled plan to control the vegetation growth on the central reservation: this is a key safety issue
- Improvement to cycle crossing at Babraham research Campus roundabout on A1307
- Repair/replace lighting on cycle path to Sawston